A BRIEF MANIFESTO OF PUBLIC DISSENTIMENT
- THE PURPOSE OF PUBLIC DISSENTIMENT IS TO ARTICULATE AND CONSTRUCT OPPOSITION. The sentiment of the corporate hierarchical elite is not congruent with the sentiment of the public. Their motives are not our motives. Our dissentimentality drives us to remain independent and opposed to corporate functions.
- WE CONSTRUCT OPPOSITION IN THE FORM OF PROTEST. Our protests are not acts of overt objection that cannot incite immediate change. They are meant to subvert capitalist power structures through loopholes in its own design. These protests target; they damage.
- CAPITALIST POWER STRUCTURES POSSESS POWER DUE TO THEIR MONETARY VALUE. Their value is not rigid – it is dictated by public sentiment. If negative public sentiment is detected, the stock value of a power structure diminishes.
- THE GOAL OF PUBLIC DISSENTIMENT IS TO UTILIZE LARGE QUANTITIES NEGATIVE PUBLIC SENTIMENT TO SWAY THE MONETARY VALUE OF A POWER STRUCTURE’S STOCK.
- THIS DISSENTIMENT IS TO BE FELT BY THE POWER STRUCTURE. It cannot be ignored. The protest of dissentiment will not be ignored. Dissentiment will not be silenced.
You can experience Derek Curry’s Public Dissentiment protest here.
Jessica Mairena is a mixed media artist who currently attends the University of Richmond. Her work primarily focuses on the exploratory integration of conceptual texts, painting, and sculpture.